Saturday, March 29, 2014

Social Media and Professional Learning Networks

I started off thinking this week's engagement would be a good way for me to dig deeper into the twitter universe. I wanted to use the lens of our  objectives to examine my past behaviors and experiences.

        While I have used twitter on occasion, most of my following was done in the initial rush when I created my account a few years back. I wanted to revisit my strategies to see whether they are really supportive of building and maintaining a more active and productive PLN.

        Somewhere toward the end of the week, I pivoted to incorporate Diigo into my thinking. The slides here and the video, below, articulate my thought processes as I try to connect twitter and Diigo to my next steps as a learner and a teacher. I believe these two roles are closely aligned, for my professional learning can help me to develop models for effective student research processes and products.





        No comments:

        Post a Comment